Lab Results

I tested HIV+ on april 4, 2005 with orasure. I went into the clinic and had blood drawn and it came back quant, rna pcr < 400 copies/ml my cd 4 is 27.7 percent. I am concerned because I was told I may be a long term non-progressor and that when i come in again in 2 months i will have more information. I am just wondering if that pcr result is stating that I was found to have HIV in my system but It was not able to give an exact number or do i need to request another test. I don't know what the actual western blot strands showed i went to a clinic so i am still wondering could there be a false positive or do i have a differnet type that wasn't picked up by the pcr(i have been researching on the internet) and their are actually more copies in my blood cd4/cd8 ratio was .84 %cd4 27, %cd8 32

You don't indicate what the actual western blot confirmatory test result was. I presume it was positive. It is certainly possible to have positive screening antibody and confirmatory tests with an undetectable viral load.

Resistance so soon?
cd4/cd8 ratio: 1.6, high cd4+cd8