Is there a CD4 / Viral Load Chart of good, bad?
Apr 10, 2005
I would like to see a CD4 / VIral Load Chart and have them explain to where anyone can understand what they mean and how they can be made better. Such as diet, exercise etc.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Good or bad numbers are subjective. We use a couple of numbers as benchmarks for major treatment decisions. Treatment for HIV is recommended if the CD4 count is < 350, regardless of viral load. Treatment is recommended in people with CD4 counts > 350, if the viral load is > 100,000 copies/mL. A CD4 count < 200, indicates AIDS and a higher risk of opportunistic infections and so certain antibiotics are started to prevent various infections.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Dizziness An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Black Spots After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Oral Sex Hooker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Rubbing Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Masturbating With A Wart On Your Hand?
- Can You Get Std If You And Your Partner Are Virgin And Have Oral Sex?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.