Low trough level Atazanavir

I have been on a combination of Atazanavir 500 mg. Ritonovir 100mg and nevirapine 400 mg for two years. Despite a consistently very low blood serum trough level for Atazanavir my viral load has remained undetectable and tcells increased by 100 to 800. I have slowly increased the Atazanavir dose from 300mg to its present dose over the two years with no increase in the serum level. Should I have concerns about developing drug resistance, or just be thankful that they seem to be working. My Dr. has no explanation apart from assuming I am " a fast metaboliser".

Geoffrey

You are a "fast" metabolizer of atazanavir because the nevirapine is causing you to metabolize the atazanavir faster and ritonavir boosting is not able to overcome this. Sustiva and viread would probably result in the same effect. Is there a reason some other drug could not be substituted for nevirapine? Although you have had a great response, it would make me nervous to continue this regimen for the long term.

VERY WORRIED ABOUT RESISTANCE
Viral Load and CD4