|syphilis and hiv
Apr 1, 2005
My dear Dr,
What impact should co infection of syphilis normally have on the cd4 and viral load of an HIV positive individual ?
Will this numbers increase or decrease ?
Which drugs are currently available for effective treatment of syphilis in hiv + ?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
A recently completed study indicated that acute syphilus results in the CD4 count decreasing by an average of 60 cells and the viral load increasing by 0.22 log10/mL or about 2 fold (2 times). Benzathine penicillin is the drug of choice.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Rash After Vaginal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Touching Period Blood Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Testicles After Touching Skin Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Throat After Drinking After Someone Worried I Have HIV
- Thrush After Happy Ending Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.