concerned Mother

HIV virus has penetrated the blood brain barrier and is present in spinal fluid. Has lesions on brain stem. Seems to be getting weaker each day.I would like a prognosis on how long and what to expect.

I am not clear as to what the diagnosis is that has been given to you. People with HIV infection can have the virus in the spinal fluid as a normal course of infection and have no symptoms with it. Lesions in the brain stem could represent many different things including infections or tumor. Thus, it is hard to comment on prognosis without more information.

Using Vitamin C and other antioxidants.
syphilis and hiv