Apr 1, 2005
HIV virus has penetrated the blood brain barrier and is present in spinal fluid. Has lesions on brain stem. Seems to be getting weaker each day.I would like a prognosis on how long and what to expect.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
I am not clear as to what the diagnosis is that has been given to you. People with HIV infection can have the virus in the spinal fluid as a normal course of infection and have no symptoms with it. Lesions in the brain stem could represent many different things including infections or tumor. Thus, it is hard to comment on prognosis without more information.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does HIV Cause Ear Infection?
- Flu Symptoms After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Hpv After Swallowing Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Kissing?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.