Using Vitamin C and other antioxidants.
Apr 1, 2005
I was unclear in my question re: Vitamin C. My viral load peaked a few months ago at 33,000. My cd4 cells have been around 350. I've been taking maitake, selenium, around 15-20 gms C, bromelaine, r lipoic acid. Viral decreased to 11000, however cd4 drifted down to 233. Could the high amount of C inhibit the blood count? I've read so but wanted to confirm before I reduce the C because I'm panicked I would lose the reduced viral load.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
There are no studies with the kind of doses you are taking to answer that question. I believe you should reduce your intake.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Muscle Ache A Symptom Of HIV?
- Sore Throat Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Erectile Dysfunction After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Breast Sucking Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sinus Infection After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- If A Man Pulls Out Before He Comes Can I Still Get A Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.