|Using Vitamin C and other antioxidants.
Apr 1, 2005
I was unclear in my question re: Vitamin C. My viral load peaked a few months ago at 33,000. My cd4 cells have been around 350. I've been taking maitake, selenium, around 15-20 gms C, bromelaine, r lipoic acid. Viral decreased to 11000, however cd4 drifted down to 233. Could the high amount of C inhibit the blood count? I've read so but wanted to confirm before I reduce the C because I'm panicked I would lose the reduced viral load.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
There are no studies with the kind of doses you are taking to answer that question. I believe you should reduce your intake.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Should I Do If I Had Unprotected Sex With Someone Who Has Hep C?
- Currently It Is Estimated That The Longest Time Between Hiv Infection And Onset Of Symptoms Is About How Many Years
- Does Tanning Affect Hiv?
- Routine Blood Work That Signals Hiv
- How Soon Will Men Develop Symptoms From Thrush?
- Could It Take Longer Than Six Months For An Hiv Test To Show Postive
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.