Mar 19, 2005
dear doctor I had a virtual phenotype/genotype test done. It showed I was not resistant to any meds.Yet it showed a 135t mutation in nnrti what does that mutation mean? thank you
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
The I135T mutation in HIV reverse transcriptase gene is thought by some to result in low level resistance to NNRTIs like nevirapine. It can be seen in some people's virus who have never been on any HIV meds. It is seen somewhat more often in people who have been on NRTIs like AZT. But in those cases where there is significant other mutations to NRTIs but no primary mutations to NNRTIs, currently available data suggests that the 135T does not contribute to NNRTI resistance. Probably more than you wanted to know.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dizziness After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- HIVpain In Penis After Touching Dried Blood Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Night Sweats After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Urination After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- White Bumps On Penis After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.