|HTLV +/need for further testing?
Mar 19, 2005
I donated blood for the first time this year & felt really good about doing it. Then I receive a letter from the blood bank telling me I tested + for HTLV and was never to donate blood again. What are the chances & causes of this to be a false positive? I have 3 children & a husband. SHould they be tested? Is this something that should be in my medical records like HIV status & should I have my md perform more indepth testing? Which tests/methods are most reliable? Thank you for your advice.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
The test should be repeated and if positive, a confirmatory test like a western blot test should be performed.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation And HIV Testing
- Should I Get Tested After Sex With A Prostitute?
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Ache In Testicles After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Black Spots After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Black Spots After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.