Dr. Mark Holodniy
Mar 12, 2005
Dear Dr. Holodniy,
I found that HBV DNA result can be expressed in IU/mL or ng/mL, so could you tell me the conversion factor between the 2 systems?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
1 IU = about 5 copies or genome equivalents. 1 pg = about 280,000 copies 1 ng = 1000 pg 1 ng = 2.8 x 10(8) copies 1 ng = about 5 x 10(7) IU
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Fatigue After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Lymph Glands After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- How Long Before Symptoms Of Std Show Up?
- 6 Months Hiv Test Was Nonreactive After Unprotected Oral Sex
- Could Autoimmune Disease Affect My Hiv Result
- Does Rashes Reappear After 5 Months For HIV?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.