Dr. Mark Holodniy
Mar 12, 2005
Dear Dr. Holodniy,
I found that HBV DNA result can be expressed in IU/mL or ng/mL, so could you tell me the conversion factor between the 2 systems?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
1 IU = about 5 copies or genome equivalents. 1 pg = about 280,000 copies 1 ng = 1000 pg 1 ng = 2.8 x 10(8) copies 1 ng = about 5 x 10(7) IU
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can I Get Hiv By Drinking Out Of The Same Glass As An Infected Person?
- Using Soap As A Lubricant With Condoms And Hiv Risk
- Can You Transfer Hiv Through Aids Rashes And Bumps?
- Where On The Body Can Shingles Break Out?
- Is Tea Tree Oil Used To Treat Gonorrhea?
- Symptoms Of Syphilis In Throat
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.