|Dr. Mark Holodniy
Mar 12, 2005
Dear Dr. Holodniy,
I found that HBV DNA result can be expressed in IU/mL or ng/mL, so could you tell me the conversion factor between the 2 systems?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
1 IU = about 5 copies or genome equivalents. 1 pg = about 280,000 copies 1 ng = 1000 pg 1 ng = 2.8 x 10(8) copies 1 ng = about 5 x 10(7) IU
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Catch AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Burning Penis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Insertive Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Spots After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Runny Nose After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.