|Dr. Mark Holodniy
Mar 12, 2005
Dear Dr. Holodniy,
I found that HBV DNA result can be expressed in IU/mL or ng/mL, so could you tell me the conversion factor between the 2 systems?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
1 IU = about 5 copies or genome equivalents. 1 pg = about 280,000 copies 1 ng = 1000 pg 1 ng = 2.8 x 10(8) copies 1 ng = about 5 x 10(7) IU
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Can The Hiv Virus Live In The Heat?
- Can You Be A Nurse And Be Hiv Positive?
- Is Bruising Easily A Sign Of Hiv?
- How Long After Possible Infection Should I Wait Before Getting A Blood Test For Hepatitis C?
- Why Is There No Cure For Genital Herpes?
- Why Are Genital Warts More Prevalent In Homosexual Men?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.