Quantification error-please help

Dear Mark,

I got an unexpectadly low result on my viral load this month (I will spare you the background details). Now, I am concerned because it normally, if I take the test Monday morning, I get my results Tuesday evening. But this time, I got them back Wednesday evening. Is it possible that the lab didn't freeze the sample and kept it at room temperature so the stability of the sample was compromised? How long can it stay stable at room temperature-50-60 hours?

Please let me know soon because I am very worried.

You don't indicate what your previous viral load was and what it dropped to. That is pretty quick turnaround for viral load testing. Most people won't even get them back within the week. It is unlikely the lab did not process or freeze the sample appropriately. I would just wait and see what the repeat result is.

Senior Technologist
CD4s up?