is he hiv positive
Mar 6, 2005
what is hiv-1 and hiv-2? my freind is showing presence of hiv-2 in dot method and is said that hiv can be confirmed by western blot method and main thing is he is suffering from tb and also from acute pancrearitis .does this mean that hes hiv positive.pls answer am worried
Response from Dr. Holodniy
HIV-1 and HIV-2 are close cousins genetically in the same virus family. They can have a somewhat different clinical course. A confirmatory western blot should be able to distinguish between HIV-1 and HIV-2 infection (different western blot test for each virus).
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Bloody Nose After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Chills After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Condom Leak Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.