|Hep C Lab results???
Mar 6, 2005
I just received my results for HepC. Albumin = 4.1 Alkaline Phos. = 84 AST = 40 ALT = 69 Bilirubin, Direct = 0.06 total Bilirubin = 0.03 Protein Total = 8.2
Genotype = 1b -- Quantitation = 361000 unit: IU/ml
Is this good or really bad?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Given the HCV viral load being positive you are chronically infected with HCV. The rest of the numbers look relatively normal except for a slightly increased ALT, which is usually seen in people with HCV infection. You will need to talk further with the liver doctor about the specifics of your case.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Fever After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Skin After Getting Head Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rectal Bleeding After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can A Bladder Infection Cause Vaginal Bleeding?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.