viral load measurement
Feb 27, 2005
Dear Mark: For a patient who has tested positive, but has an undetectable viral load via Amplicor 1.5 AND viral symptoms persisting with CD4 declining, would you recommend any other viral load assay? Would the bDNA be useful? If even that is undetectable then is there any there option for measuring the viral load? That is, is there a more accurate test than these 2?
Kindly let me know, and thanks for the awesome job n this forum.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Always worth while trying another testing platform. It is unlikely that one is more "accurate" than another.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Night Sweats After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Eyes After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- A List Of All The Names Of Medicines For Std
- What Does A Lot Of Clear Vaginal Discharge Mean?
- What Vaginal Infections Does Metronidazole Treat?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.