viral load measurement
Feb 27, 2005
Dear Mark: For a patient who has tested positive, but has an undetectable viral load via Amplicor 1.5 AND viral symptoms persisting with CD4 declining, would you recommend any other viral load assay? Would the bDNA be useful? If even that is undetectable then is there any there option for measuring the viral load? That is, is there a more accurate test than these 2?
Kindly let me know, and thanks for the awesome job n this forum.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Always worth while trying another testing platform. It is unlikely that one is more "accurate" than another.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Muscle Ache An Acute Symptom Of AIDS?
- Diarrhea After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Ear Infection After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- At What Stages Of HIV Does Peripheral Neuropathy Occur
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.