hiv positive couple

I'm newly diagnosed hiv +. Possibly aquired it last summer (flu symtoms). I may have infected my partner. He's getting tested. I got a few questions... 1) What is the minimum amount of time that an hiv test would accurately give a result?

2) Is the mouth swab any less accurate?

3) If my partner does end up being positive...if the virus came from me, and neither of us are on medication as of yet, can we "safely" have unprotected sex (not taking into consideration any other STD's).

And an unrelated question... You keep mentioning "cell marker". What is that as apposed to a "cell"?

Sorry for hogging up the questions. :)

1. Unfortuantely I will not answer this question as it evokes constant chatter in these forums from uninfected worried well and others. 2. No. 3. I Would NOT advise such a strategy of unprotected sex. Although you may have passed on the same parent strain of virus, each of your immune systems is different and therefore the evolution of viruses within you maybe different. This could cause issues in the future regarding each of your immune systems ability to cope with new viruses. One also has to consider the possibility that one's partner could be having unprotected sex with someone else, thus introducing yet another strain into the mix. 4. I must have spaced out, I am not sure in what context I may have stated cell marker.

More on CD4 & VL Counts
viral load measurement