|Rare Strain of Multi-Drug Resistant HIV
Feb 20, 2005
New York City Resident Diagnosed With Rare Strain of Multi-Drug Resistant HIV That Rapidly Progresses to AIDS
What's your take on this news?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
The news reports don't indicate anything really unique in this case. People have been documented to have acquired multidrug resistant virus during acute infection and there have been cases of very rapid progression. Hopefully we will learn more details in Boston at the national HIV conference this week.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Has Caused The Evolution Of Drug-resistant Strains Of Hiv?
- Dry Mouth After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Anal Sex Bottom Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Fingering Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Can Bacterial Vaginosis Cause Vaginal Bleeding?
- Can You Get Hepatitis From Oysters?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.