|Questionable about HIV status
Feb 13, 2005
Recently being diagnosed with HIV, I have started treatment with Kaletra and Retrovir since Nov 04. My viral load went from 750+ to 2,500 in 8 weeks. The problem I'm having is the last time, and even while hospitalized it seems by the answers that they are "not sure" if It's HIV. I've had numberous tests done, and now want to draw another Western Blot again. Every one has been negative to this point. Very confused. I can accept this disease, and have been through enough. Is a second opinion a good thought? Is there a definite test? Thanks
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
What is not sure about viral load tests of 750,000 and 2,500/mL?
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Oral Ulcers After Drinking Water Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Urethra After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have
- Purple Spots After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Foreplay Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Can Genital Warts Be Cured With Over The Counter Wart Medicine?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.