Gp120 and CD4
Feb 5, 2005
How is gp120 able to locate the CD4 receptors located on cells, and by what process?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
There is no homing mechanism. It is more about the number of receptors on cells and the billions of viral particles in blood that make it more a mass action phenomenon.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Floaters After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Receiving Head Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Balanitis Symptoms
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.