Feb 5, 2005
We are studying bacteria and were asked, When your doctor orders a culture sensitivity exactly what is he ordering and why? Can someone explain this to me please.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Culture means growing the bacteria and identifying what species it is and sensitivity means determining what antibiotics will effectively kill the bacteria.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does Soap And Water Kill Hiv Virus?
- Effective HIV Treatment Targets In Blocking HIV Infection
- Has Anyone Got Hiv Through Deep Kissing And Genital Rubbing
- Hiv Symptoms Can Swollen Lymph Nodes Be Painless
- Laws Protecting Physicians With Hiv
- Possible Infection Through Swallowing Breast Milk
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.