Feb 5, 2005
We are studying bacteria and were asked, When your doctor orders a culture sensitivity exactly what is he ordering and why? Can someone explain this to me please.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Culture means growing the bacteria and identifying what species it is and sensitivity means determining what antibiotics will effectively kill the bacteria.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Color Are Genital Warts?
- What Causes Shingles To Flare Up?
- What Are Your Chances Of Getting Herpes If You Have Sex With Someone That Has It?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- What Are The Chances Of Passing Chlamydia With A Condom?
- Things You Shouldn't Do If You Have Chlamydia
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.