Feb 5, 2005
Can hepatitis be conclusively ruled out by liver function tests(i.e.ALT,ALP,AST,bilirubin,albumin,&tot.prot) all being repeatedly normal or low? Also multiple CT scans and abdom ultrasounds show no abnormalities. Results would be well beyond any window period for possible exposure. Thanks
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Depends of what kind of "hepatitis" you are talking about. This is a very nonspecific term, and many infections, cancers, chemicals, drugs, and other diseases can cause liver inflammation. For instance some people with HCV infection can have normal liver blood tests.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Painful Ejaculation After Sharing Vibrators Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Inverted Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.