Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Understanding Your LabsUnderstanding Your Labs

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Hep B Lab Result
Jan 17, 2005

Dear Dr Holodniv

My family doctor did some Hepatitis B test. Please help me to understand what this all mean.

Results appear as below.

1.HBsAG Positive (cutoff value 0.131 and Patient Value 2.850). 2.Anti HBs Positive 3.HBeAg Negative (cutoff value 39.0 and Patient value is 16.5) 4.Anti HBe Positive (Cutoff value 175.0 and patient value is 9.2). 5.Anti HBc Total Positive (Cutoff value 325.0 and Patient value is 13.5) 6.Anti HBc Igm Negative (cutoff value 185.0 and Patient value is 16.5). 7.HBV DNA by PCR (Not Detected) 8.SGPT High (69 u/l) from six years.

A. Please explain me the above lab result and what is the Hep B virus status. B.I would like to know when I should take Hepatitis B treatment (Please suggest me the medicine). C. Which Hepatitis B tests I should make regularly. D. Is there any medicine to bring SGPT in normal range?

Thanks in advance for your efforts and support. With regards,

Response from Dr. Holodniy

The pattern suggests exposure to hepatitis B virus infection, but probably not chronic infection. What did your doctor say?

Previous
High SGPT and SGOT
Next
CD19

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.