High SGPT and SGOT
Jan 17, 2005
I recently got lab test results that gave an SGOT level of 143 and SGPT of 309. I have Hep C, but this was my first blood test in the past few years. Are these levels particularly high? And can you tell me if someone can have more than one genotype of the Hepatitis C virus?
Thank You, Tim
Response from Dr. Holodniy
They are elevated, but not extremely high and have a consistent pattern of HCV infection. Yes you can have infection with more than one genotype.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does HIV Cause Erectile Dysfunction?
- Is Rectal Bleeding An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Dry Cough After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Can An Sexually Transmitted Disease Cause White Vaginal Discharge?
- Accuracy Of Pooled NAT Testing For Hiv
- Acute Hiv Symptoms Tongue White Spots
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.