|Lymphocyte count decrease
Jan 16, 2005
Dear Dr. Holodniy,
I have recently been diagnosed with HIV. Will total lymphocyte count from my cbc tests decrease progressively during the asymptomatic period of my infection? How often should I get a Cd4+ count?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Total lymphocytes will decrease slightly, but the reduction in CD4 count is compensated for by the marked increase in CD8 lymphocyte count. Most patients get CD4 counts about 3-4 times per year. More if treatment is initiated or changed.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Decreased Lymphocytes And Acute Infection
- Lymphocyte Levels For Hiv Patients
- Hair Loss After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- Hpv After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Shingles After Touching Skin Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.