|concerning window period and early symtoms
Mar 23, 2001
I wanna know that are most poeple going have some Acute HIV Infection Symtom during the early seroconversions.
Another question is that New York State Search Assocaition has published an artical(http://www.nysna.org/protected/npalerts/npalert3.htm) said that "Most people infected with HIV will develop enough antibodies to be detected by our current HIV antibody tests four weeks after the exposure"
So if a person who have no Symtons of Acute Infection and who has been tested negative at more than 5 weeks after risky beheavior , it is unlikly the he got infected?
Thank you very much!!
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Most people have symptoms. Some will not. I think 5 weeks is not enough time for antibody testing to rule out infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Are The Early Symtoms Of Hiv Aids?
- Blood In Semen After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Rash After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Getting Scratched Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.