resistance

I was on combivir/sustiva regiment for 4 yrs and then became resistant. switched regiment to trizivir/norvir/reyataz been on new regiment for 3 months, no improvement in cd4 count or viral load. resistance test was done 2 weeks ago, doctor said i was resistant to this regiment also. why did the doctor tell me to continue to take these meds, until my next appt on jan 4 2005 if i'm resistant to them

Could question. I can't answer why your doctor said that. The devil is in the details about whether you are resistant to all your previous and current meds or just one or two. You also don't indicate what your CD4 count or viral load are or were prior to changing. Part of his thinking maybe related to these questions.

Undetectable Viral Load and Not on Meds
hepatitis