|Stem Cell Research & HIV
Dec 26, 2004
There is quite a bit of information coming to light regarding stem cell research in California - and although there is a lot of speculation, I am curious as to the level of importance stem cell research may play in HIV treatment or in providing a therapeutic vaccine.
It is widely known that HIV invades cells however, it is also known that stem cells contain the components of new cells that can grow. Is this correct?
By chance can someone please expand on how stem cell research may benefit HIV treatment in particular?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
A discussion of this topic is beyond the scope of this forum. Suffice it to say that those of us in California are very excited about the prospect for studying approaches on how embryonic stem cells can be used in those with HIV infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Cold Feet After Protected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Cold Feet After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Insertive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Rubbing Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Loose Stool After Protected Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sinus Infection After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.