Dec 26, 2004
I tested HIV+ in February 2004 and currently am doing ok without meds (T-cells 553, VL, 27,500). Why is it that some of my friends on meds with VL's that are undetectable still have very low T-cell counts (around 200-250)? Why don't the t-cell counts make more significant improvement?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Depends on the amount of immune system damage before treatment started, their underlying immune system genetics, the type of virus they have among other factors.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sore On Mouth After Getting Scratched Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Kissing?
- Constant Watery Vaginal Discharge
- Does Apple Cider Vinegar Get Rid Of Genital Warts?
- Why It Still Burn After I Have Been Treated For An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.