Dec 26, 2004
I tested HIV+ in February 2004 and currently am doing ok without meds (T-cells 553, VL, 27,500). Why is it that some of my friends on meds with VL's that are undetectable still have very low T-cell counts (around 200-250)? Why don't the t-cell counts make more significant improvement?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Depends on the amount of immune system damage before treatment started, their underlying immune system genetics, the type of virus they have among other factors.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Coated Tongue After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Rash After Touching Skin Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can Blood Work Tell If Had Hep B Vaccine?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.