Dramatic loss of CD4 while undetectable

Thanks for all the information you provide on these pages. I am on Viracept and Combivir for 6 years and have been undetectable since then which I am grateful is a long time (first medication still). My last results end of November came back undetectable as well, but I experienced a loss of CD4 from 700 to 416. The percentage didnt change that much, though it is not great. Change from 24% to 21%. The CD4-CD8 ratio went also only down from 0,52 to 0,50. T-cells CD3 altogether went down from 1720 to 1247 though the percentage rose from 59% to 63%. Is there anything I should be aware of that sudden drop of CD4 while they were rising slowly during the last years from 284 to the 600-800s? My doctor doesnt worry too much. So do I in fact, but I am not so sure. I dont want to miss anything. One more question is about natural killer cells. They were always way up until into the 700-900s (25-32%). Now they also dropped suddenly to 495 (25%). Does that mean anything? Thank you very much for your precious time. PS: I started therapy 6 years ago on VL 180.000 and CD4 284.

Your decrease in absolute CD4 and NK numbers is reflected by the decrease in total t cells and I suspect absolute total lymphocyte number. I can't explain the decrease, but I agree with your doctor, for now.

Plateauing?
Do some people have naturally low CD4 counts?