Plateauing?

I became infected in June 2001. I tested POZ in June 2002. At the time my cd4 was 770, VL 99,000+.

By December 2003 I needed to start taking meds. My cd4 was 200+/-, VL 135,000, 13%.

I am taking part in Study 934 (http://www.thebody.com/confs/icaac2004/cohen1.html?m71h) and am taking Sustiva and Combivir with no side effects whatsoever. Call me lucky. Have missed only two doses (of combivir) in the past year...about 99.9% adherent!

Today, my numbers are: CD4 360, VL undectable, and 24.7%.

My question is: my cd4 hasn't gotten above 360. It jumped quickly after I initiated treatment, but has remained between 320-360 pretty much since the beginning of the year.

My doc said I might be 'plateauing'....but I don't want to be! I want to see my CD4 higher (closer to 500). Is there something else I can do? Switch meds? Will it ever get higher?

This seems awfully low and I can't imagine having to fight HIV for the rest of my life with such a low cd4 number.

Thanks!

A 160 CD4 cell increase with an 11% increase would be considered a significant success in one year. Given where your CD4 count was when you tested positive, I believe your numbers will improve further or the next year. How much of increase is difficult to predict.

CD19
Dramatic loss of CD4 while undetectable