I 'am HIV postive, and I'am not getting sick. (HELP ME)

Hi: Dr. Mark my name is Eric I'm 42 (young black african american).I'm HIV postive.I was diagniso when I was 20 years old.(I wish i could repeat that day again and not have taken that test). I have not taken any medication for the past 7 years (because the doctor suggest that i stop taken the drug I was using. I get my cd4 and t/cell check every year. My count is above 1000. I'm very active and healthy, Thank God. I ask so many doctor why I haven gotten sick and they don't know. I live each an every day wondering why. It sometime get to me, that i'm still here and most of my friend have die. Can you give me your answer to my problem? Why I'am not getting sick. Please don't get me wrong,I'am glad to be here but living each an every day wondering, that's what is killing me, not being HIV.

You are in great shape and your immune system appears to be handling the viral infection on its own just fine. Given how long you have had HIV infection, I suspect you will continue to do very well for a long time to come.

mennigitis
Positive boyfriend. Can stomach acids kill HIV?