Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Understanding Your LabsUnderstanding Your Labs

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

HIV and shingles..
Dec 5, 2004

My girl friend was diagnosed with HIV 3 years ago and she failed to inform me as she presumed that it was me that had given her the virus. For those 3 years we had unprotected sex regulary even when she was menstuating. One day I found her HIV medicine and then the truth came out. I presumed after sleeping with her for so long that I would also show up +, but after 2 tests both showed negative. One year later and we now practice safe sex (somehow I forgave her) but I got hit with shingles (due to work stress) that were not so painful and we still practiced safe sex. One time a condom broke while I still had shingles. Does this increase my risk of contracting HIV??? Why after sleeping with her for 3 years I still showed up negative.

Response from Dr. Holodniy

Unlikely that the risk of HIV infection is increased with a shingles outbreak, unless the infected bodily fluids were to come in contact with open blisters of the shingles rash.

Previous
No T-Cell
Next
rezult changes during 2months

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.