lymph node swelling

For several months the lymph nodes behind my right ear, along my right jaw line and under my chin on the right have been noticeably swollen. When I asked my doc about them he commented that this was a good thing and that's where the "fight" is happening. He did not elaborate. I don't know what he means exactly. My CD4 at last count was 527 and my viral load was around 5000.

He is probably correct. Most of the HIV that is produced and destroyed is in the lymph nodes. Thus, as a result of this they get bigger or hyperactive. In people with high CD4 counts like you and low viral loads, this would not be an unusual finding.

Is it really CMV?
CPK results