Tested positive after a Lympoepithelial growth of the Parotid Gland

I am very concerned of this growth that has occurred over my Parotid Gland. I have had a biopsy that came back negative for Lymphoma or any cancer. I have been taking Meds (Sustiva and Combivir) for 7 weeks now and have seen no real improvement, it has changed in look and feel though. I had a second biopsy of it and am waiting on results. I have only seen one study done on patients with this sort of problem and it seemed very encouraging. My question is how long is too long to wait for the meds to take effect and shrink the Lymphoepithelial growth? When is it time to consider surgery to have it removed? Worried

Although "benign" parotid swelling has been widely reported in early HIV infection, this is usually not cancer or herpes viruses, but likely a reaction to HIV infection. There are anecdotal reports in the literature about HIV treatment resulting in shrinkage or disappearance of these swellings. Time to resolution is variable. But I would say it's still early for you.

high cd4 count and nd viral load
Significance & interpritation of viral load/CD4 count