high cd4 count and nd viral load

My viral load has been undectible for 4 years, and my cd4 count has been above 500 since I began my meds. I've been positive since 1990, and I'm taking Crixivan and Combivir. My most recent labs put my cd4 count at an even 1000, and the one previous was 810. All other lab work is right in the middle of the normal ranges, and have been for at least 4 years. Absolutely no medical issues at all since diagnosis. Its an odd question, but what the hell do I do now? What are my trreatment options, and how will I ever know just what the vius is doing in my body if its undectible and stays that way for a few more years? Its very tempting to go off meds, but don't want to mess up a good thing. How will I ever know if I am virus-free?

It is unlikely you will ever be virus free. That said, you might want to discuss simpler treatment regimens with your doctor than having to take indinavir three times daily or combivir twice daily. The best time to change meds is when your viral load is undetectable. There are other treatment options now where you can take 2 pills (3 meds) once a day.

Undetectable for 2 years
Tested positive after a Lympoepithelial growth of the Parotid Gland