Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Understanding Your LabsUnderstanding Your Labs

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

high cd4 count and nd viral load
Nov 3, 2004

My viral load has been undectible for 4 years, and my cd4 count has been above 500 since I began my meds. I've been positive since 1990, and I'm taking Crixivan and Combivir. My most recent labs put my cd4 count at an even 1000, and the one previous was 810. All other lab work is right in the middle of the normal ranges, and have been for at least 4 years. Absolutely no medical issues at all since diagnosis. Its an odd question, but what the hell do I do now? What are my trreatment options, and how will I ever know just what the vius is doing in my body if its undectible and stays that way for a few more years? Its very tempting to go off meds, but don't want to mess up a good thing. How will I ever know if I am virus-free?

Response from Dr. Holodniy

It is unlikely you will ever be virus free. That said, you might want to discuss simpler treatment regimens with your doctor than having to take indinavir three times daily or combivir twice daily. The best time to change meds is when your viral load is undetectable. There are other treatment options now where you can take 2 pills (3 meds) once a day.

Previous
Undetectable for 2 years
Next
Tested positive after a Lympoepithelial growth of the Parotid Gland

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.