Long term progressor?

Hi Doc, thumbs up for your good work and just know that it is really appreciated!

Please find below my tests.I was dignosed in jan-2002.I am not on meds and my next tests are due in nov 2004.My doc advises to do the tests yearly unless there is a significant change..I notice that the cd4 is ok but that the cd8/cd3 keep increasing , what does this mean? Jan-02-cd4-1114,cd8-1217,cd3-2441, 02-Apr-02-cd4-1130, v430, Sep-02-cd4-1110,vl-190 21-Jul-03-cd4-1466,cd1354 cd3-2883 24-Nov-03-cd4-1494,cd8-1890 cd3-3488,vl-undetctable

Do my tests results indicate that i am a long term progressor?

Thanks,

Anxious....

These numbers are excellent. An increase in CD8 count is a normal response to HIV infection. The CD8 cells are one of the most important cell types that are required to control HIV. So in most patients we see an increase in response to infection. Although your numbers indicate that your immune system is efficiently controlling HIV infection at this time, long term nonprogression also requires the benefit of years of observation with the kinds of numbers that you have.

CD4 info
Undetectable for 2 years