Nov 3, 2004
Is it possible for someone to become reinfected, once they are infected with the HIV virus.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Yes. This is a relatively new concept that has required very sophisticated laboratory testing in order to prove this definitely. Several patients have now been studied who have documented new strains in addition to older strains they previously were infected with.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Diarrhea After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Can Chlamydia Cause Genital Warts?
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Sharing Razors Or Drinks?
- Condom Causing Penis Irritation
- Can Having The Flu Interfere With The Hiv Test Results?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.