eAntigen positive and eAntibody positive in chronic Hep B patient.

I have chronic Hepatitis B. My current lab results show that eAntigen is positive and eAntibody is positive. I did the same lab test last year and it also showed eAntigen positive and eAntibody positive. But my HBV DNA viral load (PCR) is 8.1 log. To my understanding eAntibody is ususally negative while eAntigen is positive. After the HepB treatment there is a possibility of seroconversion where eAntigen goes negative and eAntibody goes positive. Why do I have both positive for such atleast more then a year that I know (It may have been like that longer then that). Recently I did liver biopsy and it showed grade 1 and stage 2 fibrosis. I highly appreciate your opinion on this. Withi this condition do I need a treatment?

You are chronically infected, as indicated by the positive HBV DNA and liver biopsy results. It would be unusual to have both e antigen and antibody be positive at the same time in chronic infection. You should discuss treatment with your physician, as there is treatment that can be given and can be curative of this infection.

hep b test results
reinfection