Results of a lab examen
Nov 3, 2004
I have received a result as follows: -HcVRNA (PCR): >8,ooo,000 copies/ml -genotype: 1b What does that mean?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
That is the viral load level of HCV in the blood and the type of HCV is genotype 1b. That is about average for HCV viral loads, which is much higher in general than HIV levels in the blood. HCV is also a family of somewhat different viruses and they are generally referred to by number.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Flu Symptoms After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Psoriasis After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Touching Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.