Low CD4 after short time of infection

Dear Dr.Holodniy,

After seeing many case from this forum. I can realize my case more deeply, but I don't know my analysis is right or not.

1. I am sure my infection is within one year and I guess the most possible period i got is Feb to May 2004. and also i am Hepatits B virus carrier but liver test show normal .

2. On Jul 7, 2004, My Blood test show CD4 286 (12%) and no viral load test provided by my hospital. WBC 5800 with a little bit high in monocytes ( 0.7 10-3/UL) 12.3% that is higher than the upper range of 10.5%. 3. On late May, I have some allergic symptom on my back, but i am not sure it is rash or not and it last for 2 weeks. I felt tired at Jun but there is no fever or diarrhea at that moment. I can say i have healthy body before. 4. Am I suffered from seroconversion at Jun and the low CD4 and high monocytes percentage indicate i am under infection at that period As my CD 4 percentage is only 12, I see one response from you said : (There are other blood cells which are t cells (such as CD8 cells, which are important in killing HIV), which is why the percentage appears low.) As in that case that guy's CD4 is 775 but only have 37% . (it should be over 50 ) Is that case applicable to my case , my Low CD 4 percentage is due to acute infection that CD8 cells to kill HIV at that moment and also rise in monocyte level. My next blood test is Jan 2005 as i am in thailand and visit a government hospital with limited resouces, It seem my CD 4 is low if I got HIV within one year. But If I am undergo seroconversion at Jun to Jul , is my precum or secretion contain more virus that can easily transmit to others at that period. Hoping that you can give me more idea so i can decide whether to do another test in private hospital and informed my lover to have test although we can safe sex and only have oral sex once without condom. Thanks Regards Thai guy

You are missing some information about your CD8 count and percentage and viral load. If your information is correct your reduced CD4 count and percentage could be a reflection of acute infection. It could also be reflective of the type of viral strain (more efficient at killing t cells). Alternatively, it could be reflective of a longer time of infection, if you had not been tested previously before. Your partner should be tested as well.

Recently diagnosed +
CD4 Count - Dramatic drop, indifferent doctors