Anemia & Neuropathy

my current HIV regimen for the last three months includes: Timpranavir, Norvir, Kaletra,Combivir,Fuzeon & Foscarnet. I am also on triple anti fungal therapy for aspergilius in sinus. Ambisome, Cancidas(both IV) and voriconosol/Vfend oral. Over the past three months my viral load dropped from 20,000 to undetectable and my T cells cilmbed from three to 50. But, I have increased neuropathy in my feet and have anemia despite using procrit once a week. Any thoughts on which drugs are responsible for the Neuropathy and anemia??? Any feedback will be very welcome. thanks

Your are on an extremely complex regimen and the extent of side effects or drug-drug interactions can be huge. Ambisome (amphotericin), voriconazole, foscarnet and AZT in the combivir can cause anemia. Voriconazole should not be given with ritonavir or Kaletra( because it contains ritonavir) as ritonavir results in markedly decreased levels of voriconazole, probably to the point it is no longer an effective antifungal agent. Ritonavir, depending on the dose, 3TC in the combivir, and ambisome can cause peripheral neuropathy. You need to work with your pharmacist and HIV doctor to work this out, as to which HIV meds and which antifungal meds are absolutely necessary. It appears to me there is some redundancy in this regimen and you might be able to pull off some of the meds.

Roche Amplicor 1.5 versus Chiron bDNA
Does Sustiva eventually feel better?