T Cell Cloneing

Dr. Holodniy:

Good day to you Sir and many thanks for sharing your extensive knowledge with us. I would like to know if any US companies are currently offering T-cell cloning. That is to say, cloning an individuals T-cells and then re administering them as treatment. If so is it possible to speculate on the price of this treatment. If not, do you foresee this as a treatment option in the near future.

I don't think there are any companies that are offering this as a strategy. I am not aware of any current studies in HIV using this technique. There are however gene therapy studies, where adult stem cells from a HIV patient are harvested and a gene inserted, the cells are grown up in a test tube and then reinfused in the patient. Those cells can then differentiate and produce a protein or chemical from the gene that was inserted and disrupt HIV replication. Johnson and Johnson is currently conducting such a study at several sites in California.

Puzzled about T-cells
leukemia and retrovirus