Oct 16, 2004
Hi, Can you tell anything about how long time the HIV-virus can survive outside the body? Is it for example possible for the virus to stay alive on the head of the penis for hours (after ejaculation)?
Thanks and kind regards!
Response from Dr. Holodniy
A general rule of thumb is that if it is wet, it can still be infectious. If it is dry, it's probably dead.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Pain In Urethra After Masturbation Worried I Have
- Sore On Tongue After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Rimming Worried I Have HIV
- Does Hep C Cause High Blood Pressure?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.