T-Cell Reinfection

Hello Doctors,

Thanks you for all your wonderfull information. It helps me to understand my situation. 1- Once the T-Cell is invaded by HIV virus and the DNA is implanted, does the same T-Cell get reinfect again and again? Does the HIV DNA gets planted in a specific location in T-Cell chromosone? 2- I know there a lot of mutation taking place with HIV virus in the body, but is there a 'Common Denaminator' between all the variation in the HIV viruses? 3- Is there a way to force the body to produce an antibody to this common denamitor if there is such a thing? 4- I understand that about 10 billion virus are produced daily in my body, what happens to these viruses? are they being distroyed somehow? 5- By taking HAART medication for a long period of time, are we not producing a super virus in the body? eventually the virus will mutate so many times and produce a version that is resistant to all drugs. 6- Lastly, how does the virus 'buds' out of T-Cell? Is there any research or new drugs in that catagory being developed?

Kar

Great questions. 1. No, not usually. 2. No common denominator. 3. Excellent thought, but no. 4. Production equals destruction, as long as your immune system is holding up. 5. Not if viral replication is completely shut down. 6. protease inhibitors actually affect the back end of reproduction, but creating defective viral particles as they are being extruded from the cell.

Gammopathy?
Flu shot or not?