Can first test results suggest date of infection?

Hi.

I am HIV+, 48 yr. old male.

My first HIV blood test was about three weeks after I first succumbed to seroconversion illness. The results were:

HIV-1/2 Screen MEIA Reactive HIV-1/2 Supplemental Reactive HIV-1 Western Blot Weakly Reactive HIV-1 p24Ag EIA Non-Reactive

The test was repeated a month later at which time it was confirmed that I am HIV+. That test also found that my VL was >500,000. A month after that, my VL had dropped to 185,000, and my CD4+ ct. was 200. In subsequent months, VL fell further, and CD4+ rose somewhat.

My question: Is it possible to determine the most likely date range for my infection, based on these results?

Thank you.

By they way, I don't know if it is possible to tell you how much help and support you folks actually provide in these forums, or how much it is appreciated. What you all do is truly awesome, and is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

JD

It sounds from your symptoms and lab test results that infection occurred about 2-4 weeks prior to symptoms developing.

Dr. Holodniy, your opinion please
Three Months Later