|Big drop of CD4, CD4% AND viral load
Sep 19, 2004
I'm a 36 years old man, I've been hiv+ for 3 years, never on meds yet. My three first labs were as following: Sept 2003: CD4 980 (31%), Vl 20 000 December 2003: CD4 1200 (32%) Vl 10 000 March 2004: CD4 1120 (33%) Vl 22 000
I was very badly surprised my my latest labs i got today: CD4 570 (24%), Vl 3 000
I don't understand why I lost 600 CD4 within 6 monthes, considering the fact that my Vl dropped? I always thought the percentage usually remains stable over time? My doc said the percentage usually doesn't rebound after dropping. Should I be concerned?
|Response from Dr. Holodniy|
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sex With A Prostitute And Possible HIV Exposure
- Anal Warts After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Blood In Semen After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Fatigue After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Psoriasis After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.