large drop in cd4

i have been positive since 2000. my cd4 count has ranged from 1300 - 1000 with vl totals under 2000. my last quarter's blood draw turned up a cd4 of 650 and viral load of 2200. i am scared to see such a large drop in my cd4. is this uncommon - should i start thinking about meds?

It would be important to know what the CD4 percentage was for all of these values. If the percentage remains the same (or within about 3%) then there is no cause for alarm. The first action is to repeat the numbers. Your numbers are still quite high, and most experts would not recommend treatment with that low viral load and current CD4 count anyway. The trend over time is what is important.

A question about mutations
Hcv test reports