3TC resistance

I am on the regimen of efarinez, ddi and 3tc and was told I'm resistant to 3Tc. This is my first regimen and first resistance test. Can I just switch the 3tc to tenofovir?? What is commonly done in this situation?

Data from many studies indicate that 3TC is usually the first drug in a failing regimen to demonstrate resistance. The "184V" mutation by itself does not affect tenofovir activity. It is only when several other mutations (those usually associated with AZT or d4T resistance are present) does tenofovir lose it's activity. Changing to tenofovir in your situation is a reasonable approach. The ddI dose will need to be decreased to 250mg once daily though.

First line combination
p24 antigenemia ends