Aug 22, 2004
My viral load bounces around a lot. Undectable up to 1500cps/ml. I never miss my drugs and my T-cell count is relatively stable. Should I be concerned?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
That amount of bounce or blipping is a bit high and out of the ordinary. This is either a lab problem, or some resistance may be developing. It might be a good idea to get a resistance test the next time the viral load goes over a 1,000 from being undetectable. That might provide some clues as to what is going on.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Skin Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Burning Penis After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Chills After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Reused Needle Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.