Aug 22, 2004
My viral load bounces around a lot. Undectable up to 1500cps/ml. I never miss my drugs and my T-cell count is relatively stable. Should I be concerned?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
That amount of bounce or blipping is a bit high and out of the ordinary. This is either a lab problem, or some resistance may be developing. It might be a good idea to get a resistance test the next time the viral load goes over a 1,000 from being undetectable. That might provide some clues as to what is going on.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Antibiotics Can Help Treat Chlamydia?
- Ways To Contract Genital Herpes
- Is Using A Condom A Guaranteed Way To Prevent Genital Herpes?
- Getting Treatment For Genital Warts When Can I Have Sex Again
- Things That Get Mistaken For Genital Warts
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Genital Herpes While Using A Condom?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.