when to restart meds?

When would be the optimum time to restart meds? First I was 253 cd4 went to 1100 cd4, then a two year break...then at 484 cd4 I climbed to 784 cd4...now I'm on break two (therapy on round two was half the time of round one) baseline 20k vl both times, also does WBC play a role in when to restart? On round two WBC went from 800 to 1300...hope I am not confusing you...btw I'm the week on/off guy since July 2000 (same meds) Thanks in advance!

You are your own experiment. Part of the decision for me on when to restart meds depends on the trajectory of CD4 decline or viral load increase. Stable numbers means hold your cards. A decline of 50-100 CD4 cells in 3-4 months means I would start treatment sooner. I am not sure WBC helps me, unless there is something funny going on with CD4 counts and I need to know total lymphocyte and white blood cell counts to resolve discrepancies.

difficulty understanding these
HIV +