prognosis

I have recently decided to reconnect with an X partner who is HIV positive.. this is the phrase he uses as opposed to full blown aids. He has had several of the OI and has been on treatment for almost 6 months. He has stopped smoking drinking and is exercising daily. He says he fells well . He has spoken of viral loads and CD4 counts etc but im not totally sure what all this means. He has had a cut on his leg which is not healing but t is not infected. He is extremely positive in his outlook and tells me he will be around ' for years". I am managing ok although every now and again 'the future' is terrifying and i wounder if he is being overly optimistic for my sake. Im not sure what OI's he had but he was very ill for some time before being diagnosed and on treatment. I believe one of the OI was PC.

I understand there is no correct answer but where should i be taking all this ?

Prognosis is a very difficult question to answer because the answer must account for not only HIV status, but age, and other ongoing medical illnesses, among other issues. Having AIDS or survived OIs does not put one in dire straights any more. Effective HIV treatment, lifestyle changes, and management of other medical or mental health issues can result in long term longevity of patients.

Good CD4, but sudden jump in VL
difficulty understanding these